Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Birthday Card for Several Challenges

 Hello friends.  I have a new birthday card to share today.  I made this using the colors from Color Hues Challenge, the sketch from Global Design Project;  Tic Tac Toe Challenge, and Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge.

 I die cut the flowers from some pattern paper in my stash.  I don't remember ever die cutting flowers from pattern paper, but thought I would give it a try, and they turned out great. I used Papertrey Ink Into the Blooms - Dahlia for the flowers and leaves, which are cut from PTI Tropical Teal Card.  I cut all 3 layers for the bigger flower and the 2 smaller layers for the small flower.  I shaped the petals with my fingers and layered them together, and then added a black enamel gem to the centers. The pattern paper is from PTI Bitty Big Tropical Teal Designer Paper Pack.  I die cut a stitched rectangle for the white panel, but had to partially cut it and then put the other end back in the die to make it wide enough to cover the pattern paper panel per the sketch from .  The birthday sentiment from a retired SU set is stamped in Tropical Teal ink and fussy cut.  I mounted it with foam tape.  The white panel is also mounted with foam tape.
 
I really like the way the card turned out, and hope you enjoy seeing it.
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

 
 
 
 
TicTacToe Challenge (Flowers, Birthday Sentiment, Gems)
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. I like your flowers cut from the patterned paper! Lovely card, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Die cutting the flowers from patterned paper was a great idea, and your flowers are just beautiful! Love the patterned paper in the background as well. I have a notebook with all those fab PTI papers, and just don't pull it out often enough. Your inspiration may change that. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty card, JoAnn - love the flowers cut from the PTI papers (I have some of them too!) - thanks for sharing with us at TicTacToe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers cut out of patterned paper are absolutely stunning JoAnn! I like the way you placed them against the background of teal plaid and gave them teal leaves. Thank you for coming to play with us at Tic Tac Toe! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those layered flowers cut from patterned paper JoAnn! They look amazing against the teal background, A really beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your patterned papers bring these colors to life beautifully, JoAnn. I love the bold enamel accents. The plaid makes a great backdrop for the pretty florals. We are so glad the you've joined us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love the addition of the pattern paper! Great use of the colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those tangerine blooms look great with the plaid background JoAnn. Thanks for sharing at HLS Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Beautiful birthday card. Great and fun design.
    Thank you for including your card in our HLS Birthday gallery.
    Regards,
    Bożena DT HLS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.