Thursday, August 10, 2023

Seize the Birthday - Make a Shaped Card

Hello friends.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and I am hosting this time.  I have chosen "Make a Shaped Card" for our "Topping" option this time.  It can be square, oval, round, any shape but the standard A2 card (4-1/4 x 5-1/2).  And if you are not into the "Topping" option, the only requirement is that it has to be for a birthday.


For my card I used Spellbinders Essential Stylish Ovals die and placed the folded card just inside the left side of the oval so it did not cut.  I then cut smaller oval and embossed it with SU Timeworn Type EF.  The flowers and leaves are from MFT Bold Blooms Die-namics and MFT Bold Greenery Die-namics.  I die cut the large flower 2 times from SU Flirty Flamingo and layered it; then added a small flower cut from SU Blushing Bride to the center.  I added a small flower on each side and then added the leaves.  The sentiment is from SU Peaceful Moments (ret.) and cut with SU Stylish Shapes oval and layered on a scallop oval die cut from Flirty Flamingo.  I added the sentiment with foam tape.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you will check out all the shaped cards by the team and join in our fun challenge.

I will also share my card at AAA Birthday - Anything Goes.
 
 
 

 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn
 

16 comments:

  1. Very pretty JoAnn! I like the oval shape. Your horizontal placement of the sentiment oval looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! I love the cleanliness of it. Thanks for joining in at AAA birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty shaped card, JoAnn! I love the soft colours of the flowers and leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoAnn, thank you so much for this fun challenge! I loved making this shaped card, something I don't do often enough! I love your Oval shape and placement of all your beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JoAnne this was a great challenge it pushed me out of my comfort zone because I almost never make a shaped card. You and I think along the same lines for shapes, but I love how you decorated the flowers on the front of yours. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for pushing me out of my comfort zone to make something a bit different. Your card is really pretty! This oval shape is certainly popular right now! Hope today you felt even better than yesterday! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shaped card, JoAnn, and those flowers are such pretty colors! A perfect summer birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, JoAnn for the fun challenge. It is such a clean looking card. Fabulous and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the design of placing the florals on the bottom. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card JoAnn, love the oval shapes and pretty blooms as always. Thankyou for the fun challenge, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great oval card! I love the card design and the layered flowers as well. Also, thanks for this challenge - enjoyed making mine, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely JoAnn! I love your colour combo and the layout - great with the flowers at the bottom. thank you so much for the great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful CAS shaped card, JoAnn ! Love the oval shape and the lovely flowers in pastel colours. You took me out of my comfort zone but I finally had a lot of fun making my card, thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully done - Thanks for sharing over at AAA Birthday this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
    Elaine DT

    KraftiKards (my blog)
    613 Avenue Create DT
    AAA Birthday DT
    Peace on Earth Christmas DT
    Simply Clean and Simple DT
    Love to Scrap DT
    Love to Craft DT
    Mix it up DT
    Merry Little Christmas DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty card. I love the layered ovals and especially that you embossed the top oval. Great way to add dimension and texture. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful floral design - love your card shape too.

    Thanks for joining us at the AAA Birthday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.