Thursday, July 27, 2023

Seize the Birthday - Inspired by a Book

 Hello friends.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Glenda has chosen the "Topping" option of Be Inspired by A Book. Of course, if you don't choose the topping option,  the only requirement is that it has to be for a birthday.

 

I hardly ever read a book so I researched the title of some books and found The Sun Also Rises - not sure what it is about but I liked the title so I picked out seveal stamps and dies that I thought would make a good scene and showed the sun rising.  The stamped images are from a retired SU set Oceanfront and the black die cuts are from SU Paradise Palms (ret.).  I die cut a framed using 2 stitched rectangle dies and stamped it with a woodgrain stamp.  I stamped the sentiment from SU Artistically Inked and mounted the frame with foam tape.  The scene is made with the panel cut from the center of the frame  die cut and glued to the card base.

 
 
I will also link to Tic Tac Toe - my card fits the top row across and the middle row down.

 
Be sure to check out all the team's cards and see how they were inspired by a book.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful day.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn
 

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely scene you've created, JoAnn, so peaceful! Wonderful birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, your card is beautiful ! I would love to be on holidays on this beautiful beach scene, watching the sun rising up. Instead I'm here at home watching the rain falling and falling! So happy to be your Surprise Party guest at STB. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoAnn, you have created a beautiful scene with the Sun rising. Looks like a place I'd like to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm used to seeing your gorgeous floral designs, JoAnn, but you are just as talented making seaside card art! This is really perfect in every way! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love me a good beach scene card! This is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very inspired Joanne that you researched a book to do a card on as you are not a reader. It seems you can do a scene card just as well as your beautiful floral cards. Oh I see darnell just said that. But your card is perfect I enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful sunrise, JoAnn! You've created a wonderful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This scene most definitely fits the book title. And look at you nailing several challenges! This is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this scenic card! Thanks for playing along with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, JoAnn! I am impressed with your research but more so with your beautiful creation of this peaceful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like the perfect holiday destination JoAnn, gorgeous scenic card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a lovely card - love the seaside scene you created. The silhouette is fabulous on your beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’m not sure what the book's about either, but I love your gorgeous sunrise scene, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A really neat card with a gorgeous sunrise scene, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.