Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Thinking of You for CAS Mix Up Challenge

 Hello friends.  I have a card I made for the CAS Mix Up Challenge - Alcohol Inks on Vellum.

 

I used alcohol inks on vellum, stamping, die cut, and added some foiling on the alcohol inked vellum. I watched several videos on this technique before attempting it.  I really liked the final result and it is so pretty behind the die cut.
I die cut Memory Box Floral Stem Collage from a white panel and stamped the sentiment from SU Good Morning Magnolia. I added a gold rhinestone to the center of the flower.   I used 3 shades of alcohol ink and the alcohol blending solution, mixed them and, blew them around on the vellum with a straw.  I dabbed the excess off and when it was dry but still sticky I used a piece of gold foil and rubbed it in several places (thanks to the instructions in the video).  You can see the gold better in the photo below.
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful day.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn



3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite dies, JoAnn! It's perfect to show your beautiful alcohol inked vellum! Love the gold highlights! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beautifully gilded alcohol inked background makes that lovely diecut flower really shine on your card. It's a beautiful addition to the CAS Mix Up gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous JoAnn! LOVE the mix of AI colours and the gold foil. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.