Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Merry Christmas

I pray everyone in the path of Elsa stays safe.  We are starting to get some heavy rain here in Florida where I am at and it is stronger along the coast.  I am more inland.

Hello friends.  It is Christmas in July and I am working on some Christmas cards.  I made this one for the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes, optional Jingle Bells

 

The bell image is an older Our Daily Bread stamp (now Divinity Designs) called Jingle Bells.  I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Promarkers.  I then fussy cut the image and mounted it with foam tape on a white panel cut with Pinkfresh Studios Diagonal Stitched Plaid Cover Plate.  I matted the white panel with a thin mat of Real Red CS.  I cut Memory Box Special Merry Christmas from Real Red CS 3 times and layered it for dimension.  After I colored the image I painted a thin coat of SU Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (retired) over the bells and they really shine in person. Below is a picture of the shine on the bells.

  I am really pleased with the final results on my card and have another one ready for Christmas.
 


Thanks so much for stopping by.  I really appreciate your comments.  I hope you have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn


2 comments:

  1. Love these jingle bells and the bright Merry Christmas, JoAnn! I hope you don't have any issues from Elsa. We're expecting the remnants to come through tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed the HLS prompt for sure! Beautifully done with the impressed background. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the HLS Christmas challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.