Thursday, February 4, 2021

Happy Birthday

 Hello friends.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and this time Nancy has chosen hearts as our "topping option". Remember, it is an option and the only requirement is that it has to be for a birthday.

 

My card is for a little one turning 3 on Valentine's Day.

I used a couple of different techniques on my card.  I stamped this cute bear from SSS Party Like A Panda and then stamped the heart balloon in his hand, masked the balloon and stamped a balloon on each side. I colored the image with different red and pink Copics.  I placed a square stitched die over the image and marked the top where it would cut.  I then hand cut around the tops of the balloons, placed the cut out part over the die and die cut it out.  I had not done this in a long time and it was fun to try it again.  The present is also a separate stamp which I colored with the Copics, fussy cut it out, and then mounted it with foam tape.  The image panel is also mounted with foam tape. The pattern paper is from an old paper pad in my stash. The mats are SU Real Red.
 
Don't forget to check out all the lovely heart creations by my teammates and Carol Mayne, who is our Surprise Party Guest starting today for the next two months over at Seize the Birthday.  I hope you will join us for this fun challenge.

 I will link to the Color Hues Challenge where the colors are red and pink.
 
 
and also to Just Us Girls Challenge - Masking (I masked the balloons)
 
  

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

16 comments:

  1. OMG JoAnn, this is just too adorable, and for a 3 year old? How fun! the panda is just the cutest and I love that he is holding 3 balloons, this is a keepsake for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little panda, and an adorable birthday card! Perfect for Color Hues, too, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job of coloring these adorable images! I love how you extended the balloons past the die cut edge. So fun and pretty, thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card JoAnn! I love the masking and then the partial die cutting techniques. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awh, this little guy is adorable and so festive, JoAnn! Perfect for a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my stars! How adorable is your panda card; perfect for your little one turning 3 on Valentine's Day. Love this.
    Thrilled to be guest designing with you and the team for the next two months.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just the cutest card in festive colors and stripes and with such an adorable panda bear bearing gifts and balloons! (Did you see what I did there?) Happy 3rd Birthday to the little Valentine munchkin! Such a great age! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable party panda JoAnn, love the stripes in the background and the partial diecutting looks great, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect card for a soon to be 3 year old. I love the balloons cascading off the edge! Well done! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I failed to thank you for linking up at Just Us Girls and Color Hues. I guess the coffee hasn't kicked in yet! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card, JoAnn! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Color Hues Challenge! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable an just perfect for a 3 year old who has a birthday on Valentines day!
    Thanks for playing at the Color Hues Challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't believe you've done partial die cut so well!! The panda looks really cute and the pink balloons are lovely. Such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooooo cute JoAnn! Love how you did the balloons and the panda is the perfect choice for a 3 year old. Such a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is so adorable, JoAnn! Three heart balloons and the number three for a little one, I love that you made the card so special! And the cutting technique you used is so clever! Have to remember it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.