Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Happiest of Birthdays

Hello friends.  I have a new birthday card to share that I made using Freshly Made Sketches #450.
When I saw the sketch I knew I wanted to make a card and had to decide which flower to use on it.  I started with a Smoky Slate layer embossed with SU Parisian Flourish EF and then swiped white ink over the raised areas.  I then die cut the white panel with SU Ornate Layers dies.  The flowers are made with Daisy Lane stamps and matching punch, stamped in Real Red ink.  I also used SU Leaf Punch and Wild Wasabi card for the leaves.  I added some clear glitter gems to the center of the flowers.  The sentiment is from Birthday Blooms (retired).  I had a little ink smudge but the layer was already adhered with foam tape so it had to stay.  Overall, I am pleased with the final result.


Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this embossed gray background with the light inking of the raised areas, JoAnn! I'll have to check out that embossing folder! I always love it when you use these flowers and the soft red is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another floral beauty. So full of wonderful texture and dimension. Love the light gray. Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background is beautiful with the slate and white. Pretty backdrop for the pink daisies. The details of this card are lovely. Outstanding card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be pleased, JoAnn, this is really, really pretty! Those triple flowers and the wonderful background and frame are so gorgeous that I didn't even notice the smudge until you mentioned it. It's a winning take on the sketch in my book! I hope you are keeping well. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Your textured background looks amazing but doesn't detract from those gorgeous flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, especially the light gray embossed background cardstock brushed with white ink. Simple yet elegant. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.