Thursday, October 25, 2018

Seize the Birthday - Foliage

Hello friends and happy Thursday.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and this time we have the "Toppings" option of foliage.  Remember it is an option and the only requirement is that it be for a birthday.
I used the leaves from Reverse Confetti Fall Foliage set.  After applying different Distress Inks to my paper I stamped them and then die cut them with the matching dies.  I also die cut birthday from the inked piece with Simon Says Stamp Happy Birthday.  I stamped Happy using a Neat & Tangled stamp from Floral Frame.  I masked the stamp for just the Happy.  I free handed the word Fall, as the card is perfect for a fall birthday.  I adhered the leaves to the sentiment panel and mounted the panel and leaves with foam tape.  The kraft panel is embossed with a Tim Holtz Wood Grain EF.

Now check out all the cards by my teammates over at Seize the Birthday.  Lots of inspiration for you to get your cards done.  I hope to see you in our gallery.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful ink blending, it's perfect for your leaves and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a fun fall card!! And I absolutely couldn't tell that you free handed the 'fall' part - you've done that so well!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. I just love this layout too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colored fall leaves look so pretty against the embossed background, JoAnn! Rustic and perfect for a Fall birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your free handing is perfect! Love those leaves and matching sentiment! The colors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love bold and colorful leaves in the fall. Your card is just so different and striking with the softer colors. After all, not all of them are bright and bold. Leaving in 4 days for warmer weather. (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So petty JoAnn, I love your softly shaded leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully inked leaves!!! I thought you stamped the FALL from another stamp set!!! Great hand lettering, JoAnn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you've used the same panel to die cut your sentiment. So pretty. I think I have that same EF or something very similar. Will have to dig it up and use it again. It makes for such a lovely background in that soft kraft colour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sentiment and the matching leaves. The textured background is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.