Thursday, August 22, 2024

Seize the Birthday - Retro

Hello friends.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Jules would like us to use a "Retro" theme for our birthday cards.  Can't wait to see what you create with this theme.  Hope to see you in our gallery.

 

 

 

I thought and thought about what I wanted to do for the retro theme and finally found this jukebox image on Pinterest.  I downloaded the jukebox, colored it with SU Blends - Smokey Slate, Melon Mambo, Balmy Blue and Daffodil Delight.  I fussy cut the image and then had to decide what to do with it.  I thought the music notes (Cottage Cutz die) would be perfect with it.  I embossed a white panel with SU Brick & Mortar EF, (retired) and lightly blended Smokey Slate ink over the raised parts.  Then I added a strip of grey pattern paper along the bottom for a floor to sit the jukebox on and mounted it with foam tape.  I glued the music notes around and then added the sentiment (Gina K. Birthday Greetings) with foam tape.  This was a fun card to create and I like the finished result.

I hope you will visit the blog and check out all the inspiration from the team and our Party Guests.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

13 comments:

  1. Such a fun jukebox! Perfect for this challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors you used on your jukebox! Cute card, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing says Retro more than a Jukebox! Wonderful direction for our challenge, JoAnn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got right down to making a retro card with this image. I think it is my favorite one and very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JoAnn, this Jukebox is so cool and definitely retro and perfect for this challenge! I love your background embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfect for the retro challenge, JoAnn! Love how you've colored this juke box!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun jukebox, love the colours and brick embossed background, very retro, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey!!! I actually got you to make a non floral card. LOL!!! This is just so fun JoAnn and I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fun image and perfect for the challenge, JoAnn! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great image for a retro card. Awesome card, JoAnn. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card 🤩, congrats,have a great day 💐

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great retro card, JoAnn! Anyone humming 'Happy Days'? 😍

    ReplyDelete
  13. So perfect for the retro challenge JoAnn! Juke boxes (including yours) always look so cool! Great choice of background and the notes are a great accent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.