Thursday, January 11, 2024

Seize the Birthday - Embossing

 Hello friends.  It is time for Seize the Birthday's first challenge of 2024 and Cathy wants us to use embossing (wet or dry) on our cards. 


 This is what I came up with.  I used 3 different Spellbinders die sets for the flower spray: Club Blooms for the large flower & large leaves, Build A Wreath for the smaller flowers and Garden Wreath Add-Ons for the leaf sprays. The flowers were cut from SU Powder Pink card and the leaves from Soft Sea Foam.  The sentiment is an older Verve set which I die cut with a SU stitched oval die and mounted with foam tape.  The flowers are shaped with my stylus and glued on and then the leaves glued under the petals.  The background white panel was embossed with Spellbinders Diamond Plaid EF and glued to a panel of Powder Pink and then to the white card base.

I am link to the Triple B Challenge - Birds, Blooms & Butterflies.

Please share our badge!

Be sure to check out all the team's cards for inspiration.  Hope to see you in our gallery.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

16 comments:

  1. You always make lovely floral cards, JoAnn! I like the soft pinks and greens you use don this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoAnn, this is a lovely floral arrangement over your embossed background that adds a lot of texture to your card. You do floral cards so very well my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pastel floral card and a fabulous design!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
    Diane TB Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Triple B}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I think you are hoping for Spring just like me, although we are supposed to get snow tomorrow, which would be fun. Pretty soft pink card, JoAnn. BTW, I had a Triplet update on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is pretty, JoAnn! Love that EF background and that sentiment is one of my favs too! Stay warm with this crazy weather we have been having.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely flower card by you, you never dissapoint. I absoulty love that sentiment. I have a lot os happy birthday ones, but I think I need one more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your floral arrangement. It's absolutely perfect and very eye pleasing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's so much texture here with the pretty embossed background and the embossed detail on the flowers! So pretty, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how mixed floral sets - they work beautifully together and are so pretty. (Just like the flowers on yesterday's card!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card, JoAnn! The geometric background is perfect for the florals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous floral arrangement JoAnn, love the font on that sentiment too and it's perfect with the pretty embossed background, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! I love the pretty pink blooms and the background reminds me of trellis. Gorgeous card, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a great embossed background - makes me think of a lattice for the flowers. Love how you positioned your flowers too - such an elegant layout.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely stunning with that beautiful embossed background and pretty pastel flower arrangement and all wrapped up with a perfect sentiment panel too. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.