Saturday, September 2, 2023

Hello

 Hello friends.  I have a new card to share today.   I have been wanting to use this large butterfly stamp from Penny Black Butterfly Trio and when I saw the color challenge at Just Us Girls I thought I would give it a try.

 

I stamped the butterfly in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored over the black with my black marker as it didn't stamp real clear (I tried it a couple of times).  I colored the wings with SU Pale Papaya and Pool Party Blends, then fussy cut it out.  There is no matching die but it was easy to cut out.  I embossed the white panel with SSS Blossom Field EF and matted it with a thin Pool Party mat.  I die cut the Hello (Tutti Designs) twice in white, once in Pool Party, and layered them together; but it looked too pale on the white, so I die cut it in black and glued in on top of all the layers.  I thought it looked better as there was black in the butterfly.  I am please with the final result.
 
I am also linking to NBUS as this is the first time I have used this stamp.
 
 
 Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

 

7 comments:

  1. You would never know your butterfly wasn't a die cut, your fussy cutting is spot on! Fabulous card, JoAnn. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, JoAnn! We're wrapping up our butterfly blooming season on our front porch! None are as pretty as your beautifully colored one!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoAnn, such a beautiful butterfly. Love your embossed background, too. So pretty. And absolutely love the previous floral post with the gorgeous coral flowers. What a beautiful card. Also, I have a Triplet update on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the butterfly pops on the card, both because of its colors and the physical way it is attached! Very pretty texture behind it too! So happy your joined us this week Jo Ann at Just Us Girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a winner in my book, JoAnn! I love that butterfly and those colors suit it perfectly with that black die-cut sediment up against that pretty background! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simple embossed background to show off that amazing and beautifully soft coloured butterfly. Thanks for sharing with us at JUGS. Lovely to see you in our Gallery again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favorite butterfly and I love the colors you've given him. Such a pretty embossed background too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.