Thursday, September 14, 2023

Seize the Birthday - Use Fall Colors

Hello friends.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Linda has chosen to Use Fall Colors for our "Topping" option.  Of course, the only requirement is that it has to be for a birthday.  Be sure to check out all the great cards by the team over at STB.

  


I thought of orange, brown and yellow for fall colors, so that is what I went with.  I embossed the Crumb Cake panel with SU Dainty Diamonds EF.  I fussy cut the corners to match the smaller panels.   Then I die cut Spellbinders Club Blooms in orange - large flowers; yellow - small flowers and centers for large flowers; and green for the leaves and stems.  The white and brown panels were die cut with SU Countryside Corners die. I stamped the sentiment from a retired SU set and glued it all together, then mounted the flowers in the corners. I added dark brown enamel dots to the flower centers.  They were originally cream color, but I colored them with a Copic marker.

I will also link to The Flower Challenge #84 - Use a Die Cut

 

and to the Triple B Challenge - Birds, Blooms, and Butterflies. 

Please share our badge! 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day. 

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

17 comments:

  1. JoAnn, a very pretty Fall card. Those flowers are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what the embossed background adds to your lovely fall flowers. Wonderful birthday card, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pretty orange and yellow flowers, JoAnn! They go beautifully on the shaped panels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers in fall colours JoAnn. I love them over top of your textured background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those Spellbinder florals, JoAnn. Everything is balanced so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely Fall card! Just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew you'd find a way to get fall florals. *wink* This is very pretty and the design is perfect. I love the textured kraft too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card JoAnn, great tip too colouring the bling with copics! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just BEAUTIFUL JoAnn! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi JoAnne, I think you managed to make the cutest dainty fall card ever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card JoAnn, so lovely to see you playing along at 'The Flower Challenge' too ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy to see this beautiful card in the gallery of The Flower Challenge, Jo Ann. We love having you play along! The florals look gorgeous in the fall colors. I love how you accented the centers with enamel dots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card! I love the little blooms in yellow and orange. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. JoAnn, even though it is no colored by you, you have created a beautiful card with the die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous floral card using fall colours, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is terrific JoAnn - I love your clipped corners and the flower frame is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful. Perfect fall colours. Fabulous layout and dimension.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.