Thursday, February 9, 2023

Seize the Birthday - Use Your Initials

 Hello friends.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Glenda has chosen the "Topping" option to Use Your Initials.

You can use one initial, your first and last initial, or all three, as a few of our 
Design Team Members have done.  Lots of options, so I hope you have some fun with it!

  

I went with the topping option of using your initials and mine are JB.  The B was easy of course, blue, birthday.  I thought of the word joy for J and searched through several stamp sets to find the one I wanted and used 4 different stamp sets to create my sentiment.  I cut it in strips to place around the focal image which is a tier of cupcakes from MFT Sweet BD Wishes.  After stamping the image I colored it with SU Blends, Smokey Slate, Crumb Cake and Tahitian Tide.  I used a lt. blue panel cut with SU Scalloped Contours die and embossed with the Subtle EF.  I die cut the white panel with MFT Inside & Out Stitched Arches.  I mounted the white panel and sentiment with foam tape.  I shaded the bottom of the white panel for the cup cakes to sit on and they are mounted with foam tape also.

Be sure to check out all the lovely cards by our team and guest designers over at Seize the Birthday.  Hope to see you in our gallery.

 

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping, 
JoAnn

14 comments:

  1. I love that wonderful tower of cupcakes, JoAnn. The dome shaped die cut is the perfect shape and I love the scalloped edges on the blue panel. Great use of your initials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I thought of baked goods for your "B". Lol. Lovely card with all of the different elements, JoAnn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea for your initials, JoAnn. I especially like that you used Joy! Those cupcakes look wonderful. Great job with our Topping. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas all put together for the letters B and the J - but I really love how you combined different words from different sentiments, so clever! Thanks for having me as the party guest for this fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a fun challenge and I loved your take on it. Especially using all of the stamps for your sentiment. Wonderful tier of blue cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of your initials - fun stacked cupcakes too

    ReplyDelete
  7. JoAnn, fabulous card, Oh I wish I could bite into one of those delicious cupcakes with blue icing right now! LOL And I love that you used the word joy in your sentiment. Perfect card for your initials.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty JoAnn!!! Love your style on the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is awesome! I love the cupcakes, but I really love that split sentiments, all different, but they still fit together so well - that one is really well done! Awesome, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of your initials JoAnn, I too love the mixed sentiment styles, spotlighting them the way you have really ties them all together, love the pretty framing too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this tower of cupcakes, JoAnn! Great job with tying your initials into this card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, JoAnn! I love how you combined stamps from different sets to make your own sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fantastic JoAnn. I love the layout and your blue cupcakes look deliciously divine. Huge kudos for your great multi-set sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.