Thursday, June 24, 2021

Happy Birthday

 Hello friends.  It is time for a new challenge over at Seize the Birthday and this time Ashwini has chosen the "Topping" option to use an embossing folder on your card.

 

I used SU Stone EF (retired) for the white panelI really like using this EF and the impression it makes.  I have been saving these little strips of paper from other projects and decided to use them on my card.  I placed 3 diagonal strips on the white panel and them added this pretty stamped flower, with foam tape.  It is from SU Art Gallery and stamped in Catherine Pooler All That Jazz ink. I die cut it with the matching die.  The sentiment is from SU Peaceful Moments stamped on a stitched oval and mounted on a black scallop mat.  I mounted this with foam tape and decided to add the two thin strips on each side.  I added two aqua rhinestones for a little extra touch.  The aqua mat is PTI Hawaiian Shores.

I am linking to Color Hues challenge as I used the challenge colors.

 
Be sure to check out all the fabulous cards by the designers over at Seize the Birthday. Hope to see you in our gallery.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

14 comments:

  1. I was hoping you had added this to Color Hues - it's perfect for the colour pairing! Beautiful card, and the texture the embossing folder gives is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these colors and how you've used them, JoAnn! Pretty embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you combining the challenge with Color Hues! That stone EF is just awesome too! Love the added texture with it not being to over powering. Great card JoAnn! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful design! I love those diagonal black stripes as a background to the florals. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved seeing this particular EF. The crackle effect is awesome, and I love how you've even kept the coloring and design elements to a minimal, which, show off everything on the card. Really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As soon as I saw this card, I knew that you were linking up with color Hues. Great design and use of these colors. Those diagonal strips really pack a punch. You knocked this one out of the park.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super pretty in these awesome colors

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, JoAnn! Love the embossed background and you use of the colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you used the colors, JoAnn! The embossed background is gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at Color Hues!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great contrast of colors with the white background, the texture shows up so nicely. Thanks for inviting me as your guest at Seize the Birthday this month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The aqua flowers are so unique and look so cool on the Stone background! Great design with the strips!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, JoAnn. I love the solid aqua flowers against the embossed background, and a great way to use strips (got loads of those!).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the embossing folder you chose. Great background for the flower and I love the diagonal stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these colours JoAnn and I just bought that ef from a retired SU site over here, love how it looks! Such a pretty card. Sorry for the late comment, technology issues...looking for a new laptop! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.