Friday, February 21, 2020

The Flower Challenge - Add Leaves

Hello friends.  I am sharing a card I made for a friend using The Flower Challenge-Add Leaves.


I used the flower and leaves from Altenew Wallpaper Art and colored them with SU Flirty Flamingo and Granny Apple Green Blends.  I fussy cut them and mounted them with foam tape on the white panel that is die cut with a Stitched Rectangle die and stamped with a splatter stamp from SU Waterfront.  The sentiment is from SU Happy Birthday to You.  This is matted with SU Powder Pink and then on a Soft Sea Foam card base.

 After the card was finished, I sprayed it with a mist of 70% alcohol and SU Champagne Shimmer Paint. (you add 4 or 5 drops of the shimmer paint to a mister about 3/4 full).  It really makes the card shimmer and is so pretty in person.  The photo below shows the shimmer.



Thanks so much for stopping by.  I appreciate you taking a look and a leaving me a comment.

Happy a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

3 comments:

  1. A great layout for this beautiful, large flower, JoAnn! I love how you've layered the background in the same colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the mist and the colored layers and your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poppy is gorgeous and the color really shows it off! Looks so nice on the stitched panel. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.