Monday, September 2, 2019

Happy Birthday for a friend

First I would like to send out prayers for the people in the Bahamas that have been going through this monstrous hurricane, and also for the people along the eastern coast of the US.  I pray Dorian stays out in the ocean and away from the US.  We are only expecting winds and rain bands from the hurricane where I live, which is about 100 miles inland from the east coast of Florida.

My layout is similar to today's Mojo Monday sketch on Julee's blog so I am linking it there.
This is a birthday card I made for friend at church.  I stamped the truck from SU Farmhouse Christmas (retired) and masked the tree in the back of the truck.  I colored it with a pale gray as he has a lt. gray truck.  I created the scene with inks, an old grass stamp. and the trees from SU Rustic Retreat. The sentiment is from the same set. I stamped it on a blue panel cut with SU Stitched Rectangles.  The pattern paper is from my stash and I added black mats to make it stand out.  I also added 3 small black enamel dots under the image panel.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

4 comments:

  1. What a great masculine card, JoAnn! I love how you've left the truck uncolored and colored the background. Praying that Dorian stays off the coast and doesn't wreak any more havoc. The Bahamas, must be flattened! My prayers go out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend will love this, JoAnn! Great coloring and I love the design with the black matting! I was pretty sure you'd be okay where you are and I'm relieved to hear that's true! The photos coming in now from the Bahamas are just heartbreaking. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding masculine card I'm sure he will love since he has a gray truck. Bet this brings a happy smile to his face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great masculine card, JoAnn! So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.