Thursday, July 18, 2019

Seize the Birthday - Rainbow

Hello friends.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and this time Cathy has chosen the "Topping" option of Rainbow.
I made a rainbow background by embossing MFT All Lined Up in white on Mixed Media paper.  I then sponged different ink colors over the embossed image for my rainbow effect.  I added a thin black mat to make it pop on the white card base.  The flowers are made with the new SU Medium Daisy Punch and the leaves with SU Leaf Punch. I colored some clear faceted gems with a yellow marker and added them to the flower centers.  The sentiment is from SU Beautiful Bouquet, cut and matted with SU Layered Ovals dies.  The sentiment and the flowers are mounted with foam tape.

I am linking my card over at The Flower Challenge - Pretty Pastels.  I think the rainbow will pass for pastel as it is over the white embossed image and looks pretty and pastel to me. :)

I hope you will check out all the lovely cards by my teammates over at Seize the Birthday and join in our fun challenge.  Hope to see you in our gallery.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

15 comments:

  1. THis is beautiful! What a lovely way to incorporate the rainbow colors into your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Love the sponged (and I would agree on pastel) background with the white flowers popping against it. (Fun that you and Su have daisies, but done in *opposite* ways!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!! I love the light touch you used on your rainbow. The addition of the white flowers is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoAnn, I love your colorful plaid background! The daisies are perfect with it! Thank you for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this rainbow background with the white plaid lines, JoAnn! The white daisies are so pretty with the bright colors! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous job to put the topping in the background of the card! Love when the team mixes it up a bit and comes up with different ideas. This card is so pretty! Right down to the daisy centers!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my gosh, JoAnn, I thought the plaid behind your pretty flowers was made from several strips of pp! Fantastic rainbow blending!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi JoAnn, I love your rainbow plaid for your daisies. They look fantastic there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card JoAnn, I though the background was a pretty paper! Beautiful blending and perfect with the white daisies, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous rainbow background with the white embossing

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the rainbow and embossed background with the pretty white flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So excited to see flowers for our challenge that aren't stamped!! I'm obsessed with rainbows so fell in love with your background straight away. It makes a perfect backdrop for your pure white flowers, they are put together so beautifully. And the gems in the middle are a wonderful touch. I'm so very happy to see you at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the beautifully arranged white daisies! They really pop off the rainbow background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the softness of your rainbow background, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow JoAnn! Your background is absolutely pefect - love it! The white flowers are a perfect accent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.