Sunday, February 15, 2015

Christmas Card Challenges - Snowman

Good morning friends.  It is Sunday and time for a new challenge at Christmas Card Challenges and this week we are using a snowman on our cards.


The cute snowman is a very old stamp from Close to My Heart that I have had for ages.  I stamped him on X-Press It Blending Card and colored him with Copics.  I paper pieced the hat and scarf from light blue paper and colored the stripes with a dark blue marker  I cut him out with a Spellbinders oval and sponged ink around the edges before removing the die.  I added molding paste to the snow at the bottom and used a clear glitter pen on the flakes around the image (which doesn't show up in the photo).  The mat and Spellbinder Scallop Oval are SU Midnight Muse.  The sentiment from MFT Hugs Snowman is stamped in Midnight Muse ink on a die cut from MFT Blueprints 2.   The DSP is from American Crafts Jack Frost 6x6 pad.  The card base is MFT Smooth White CS.

My teammates have created some great snowman cards to inspire you over at Christmas Card Challenges.  I hope you will play along with us this week.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

7 comments:

  1. Such a cute card JoAnn and I love your paper piecing!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute JoAnn and I love the color scheme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That snowman image is simply adorable. Darling Christmas card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always make the best Winter and or Christmas cards...and this is no exception! Love it and paper pieced perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an adorable snowman and I love how you've "dressed" him! The sponging makes him stand out beautifully! Love that "snow" under him too. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute, JoAnn! Love the adorable snowman and the great mix of winter papers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.