Sunday, November 26, 2023

Joy to the World for Color Hues

 Hello friends.  I made a Christmas card for the Color Hues Challenge to use Red and Metallic Gold.

 


I just received the Sizzix Tim Holtz Joy/Noel die set and wanted to play with it.  I die cut the base layer of Joy from gold foil and the top layer from SU Real Red.  To the world was done on my computer and glued across the center.  I mounted Joy with foam tape to a panel embossed with Spellbinders Holly & Foliage EF.  I used a gold water color to paint over the holly berries and added 2 holly leaves cut from gold foil with a Spellbinders die.  Added the white panel to a Real Red mat and then to my card base.

I will also link to Darnell's NBUS as this is the first time using the new dies.
Grab our badge to display on your blog. 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

9 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL card JoAnn! I have been so tempted to get that TH die and you're making it harder to resist! Haha!! It looks great with the gold and red and I love that embossing folder you used for the background too! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at The Color Hues Color Challenge!! Marcia (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will get a lot of use out of that new die, JoAnn! I love the leaves and berries in gold and the background e/f! And great job doing the "to the world" on your computer and adding it for more dimension! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, JoAnn and sure to bring joy to the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that die set too JoAnn, and it is so fun to use, especially with all the little add-on dies like the leaves that you used. Adding gold to the berries was just the perfect touch. Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly see why you purchased that fun JOY die, JoAnn. Is that a Merry Christmas to me gift? Just kidding of course. Your card is just wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Is that EVER cute! I love a big ol' sentiment that is cute enough to be the star of the card, JoAnn! Perfect for over top of your gorgeous embossing!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the funky font to the JOY die. I almost fainted when I thought you made a flower-less card but then saw the leaves which probably qualify. Thanks so much for playing with my colors at Color Hues! - Jules

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to use these colors, JoAnn! Love the elegance yet playfulness of this diecut!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a striking card, JoAnn! LOVE the way you've used the challenge colours. So much beauty and texture. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.