Thursday, November 23, 2023

Fall Items for Seize the Birthday

 Hello friends.  Happy Thursday and HAPPY THANKSGIVING.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Barbara wants us to use fall items on our cards -it can be food, flowers, or leaves, anything related to fall.

 

Surprise - No Flowers. :)  I decided to go with fall colored leaves, although we don't see the leaves changing colors here in Florida.  I used SU Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies which I have had for quite a few years but can't remember if I ever used these leaves.  I blended SU Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive inks on a cream piece of cardstock and die cut them with the plain leaf die.  Then I die cut the  detail die from Crumb Cake card to place over the plain layer.  I glued the leaves to a cream square and then mounted them with foam tape to a panel of green from my stash.  I embossed the cream panel with Taylored Expressions Brick EF and mounted it to a Sahara Sand card base, then glued the green panel in place.  The sentiment from PTI  Autum Hills and is stamped in Soft Suede ink on a plain cream square and glued in place.

Hop on over to Seize the Birthday and check out all the fabulous fall cards by the team and out guest designers.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day, and again HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn
 

12 comments:

  1. Your maple leaves are amazing, JoAnn! LOVE the mix of colours paired with the soft tan outline. So, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a fantastic job on the colors of those Maple leaves. They look so real and who wouldn't love to get this card for their fall birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely autumn card, JoAnn! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoAnn, your blended leaves are so beautiful. Sorry you don't get to see leaves when they turn colors IRL. They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo Ann, I am partial to leaves (I don't know why) but I love your card because of the leaves...they are so pretty and so fall and I love fall, so there you go...! You nailed the challenge! Clean and simple and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these pretty leaves, JoAnn! They are so pretty with the textured brick background and the pretty fonts of the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite leaves of all time and you have used them beautifully! I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and have been enjoying a bit of leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had somehow assumed that the green strip had 3 windows from within which the leaves were peeking... hmmm.. my eyes are playing tricks!
    But I love what you've done - a no-flower surprise, indeed! I love the colors and the textures in this one too. Great card, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No flowers but still plants. LOL!!! I love how you nailed the fall colors on the leaves and that embossed background is really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty leaves JoAnn, like stained glass! Gorgeous colours, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful autumnal card, JoAnn! I love the variegated colouring on the leaves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.