Thursday, March 23, 2023

Things in a Garden for STB

 Hello friends.  We have a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Nancy has chosen Things in a Garden for our "Topping" option this time. 

 

I thought about it for a while and I have used this new stamp set from SU Scenic Garden and used three of the images - the tall flower stems on the left, the stone pebbles, and the scenic garden bench with all the flower stems around it.  I colored the images with SU Blends then blended a lt. blue ink and a green ink for the sky and ground.  I thought it need a couple of butterflies flying around in the garden so I looked through my old stamp sets and found the tiny butterflies.  I colored them with SU Stamp & Write markers (not Blends), huffed on them and stamped them on a white scrap.  I fussy cut them and glued just the bodies on the scenic panel.  The sentiment is also from the same retired SU set as the butterflies.

Now check out all the great creations by the design team and our party guests over at Seize the Birthday.  I can't wait to see what you created.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

11 comments:

  1. That bench looks so inviting. I just want to sit on it and take a moment, bet the view is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can visualize myself sitting on that bench watching the birds and wildlife and smelling the pretty flowers! What a great birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoAnn, I love your little garden scene with that very inviting garden bench. Would love to be sitting there enjoying the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a lovely scene and the butterflies do add more interest to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty scene, JoAnn. Wish I was sitting there right now! Great job with my topping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty garden and I love that comfy bench, JoAnn! And no pollen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That’s a pretty, restful scene JoAnn! Love the added dimension of the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bench is perfect for a bit of reading time in the garden. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful scene JoAnn - you are so good at them. The red flowers really pop and I love how you did the fabulous butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous garden scene JoAnn, we all want to be sitting there enjoying the flowers and butterflies! The recipient will love this card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.