Thursday, October 27, 2022

Seize the Birthday - Use Halloween Colors

 Hello friends.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Vicki has chosen Halloween colors as our topping option this time.

 

 I made a triple dipper using the colors of black, orange, purple and green, all the Halloween colors I could think of.  The sentiment and ice cream cones are from a retired SU set, Sweet Ice Cream..  I stamped the ice cream in Pumpkin Pie, Highland Heather and Granny Apple Green, then punched with the matching punch.  I did fussy cut around the edges to remove some of the white border.  The cone was punched from Crumb Cake and stamped in Soft Suede with the crosshatch stamp.  I mounted the ice cream cone with foam tape.  The sentiment is also stamped in Soft Suede and the white panel embossed with SU Tasteful Texture EF.  I added a thin mat of Pumpkin Pie and a black mat cut with MFT Bluprints 27 die (retired).

Be sure to check out all the fun cards by the team over at Seize the Birthday.  I hope to see you in our gallery.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! So clever to get a halloween colored cone, hmmm, might have to see if I can do the same, this looks good enough to eat! Heart Hugs, Col!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd eat that! hahaha!!! This is so fun and great way to think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on these colours JoAnn, perfect sentiment too! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun ice cream cone! Perfect for the month of October birthdays

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can use Halloween colors to make an delicious looking card likt this. I was thinking that the flavors wee cherry, blueberry and key lime! Was I right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Barb, blueberry and Key lime sounds good but it would have to be orange instead of cherry. :)

      Delete
  6. JoAnn, this is an awesome card and I wish it was real! LOL I have a weakness for all things ice cream. I love the direction you took with our topping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great way to use Halloween colors on a birthday card, JoAnn! Love this ice cream cone with the triple dips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now why didn't I think of those! Ice cream!! Oh, what a perfect birthday card with these colors! Love it, JoAnn!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab ice cream card, JoAnn! I was also wondering what flavours they would be, and I cam up with cinder toffee, blueberry and mint. Not sure what that combo would taste like 😄

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic! Great idea with the Hallowe'en coloured cone and perfect background texture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.