Friday, September 2, 2022

CAS Mix Up Challenge

 Hello friends.  This is my 2nd post today, scroll down for my card for The Paper Players.

This card is for the CAS Mix Up Challenge - Gesso with Stencils

 
 
I was inspired by this card of Bonnie's and also watched the video she indicated she watched.  I love the soft background she did so mine is similar.
 

 I used Tim Holtz Roses Layering Stencil with Gesso.  Some of the image is not as distinctive as others but it is still pretty to me.  After the gesso dried, I blended Speckled Egg, Squeezed Lemonade and Kitsch Flamingo DOI over the panel.  I die cut it with a stitched rectangle die and adhered it to the card base.  I stamped the sentiment from SU Peaceful Moments in the bottom right corner.  I stamped the butterfly from SU Butterfly Brilliance in SU Smokey Slate ink and colored it with Copics to give it a soft look, die cut it with the matching die, and glued it down just in the center.  I tried stamping it in black and coloring it the same way, but it was too stark on the soft background.  I enjoyed this technique and will have to try it again..

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

7 comments:

  1. I love the subtle roses and soft pastel colors, JoAnn! The butterfly is so pretty and perfect to adorn this beautiful background! You have inspired me too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so soft and beautiful JoAnn!! So happy you gave this a try ... amazing work! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful soft and pretty Gesso background for your pretty butterfly. I agree...the soft look you gave your Copics colored butterfly was perfect for the soft background. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up, JoAnn. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the soft fade of the stencil - so beautiful, JoAnn! Gorgeous ink blending too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up this month. You card is stunning, I love the soft background and resist from the gesso. Truly lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first word that comes to mind is ethereal, JoAnn! Such a beautiful world for your butterfly to flutter by!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, beautiful card! I love the roses, soft pastel colors and lovely butterfly! I like the sentiment done in the smokey slate color, too! Sue N

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.