Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Christmas Wishes for CAS Christmas Card Challenge

 Hello friends.  This is my second post today.  I finally decided what I wanted to do with the red and gray colors at  CAS Christmas Card Challenge - Red & Gray, 

ETA:  Yea, my card was one of the Top Picks at CAS Christmas.


 


 I used SU Poinsettia Petals stamp and dies to die cut the pretty red poinsettia.  I shaped the petals and layered them together and added the pretty pearls to the center.  I didn't want to die cut gray leaves so I placed the poinsettia where I wanted it to see where to stamp the leaves in Smokey Slate on the Smokey Slate panel, for a subtle look.   I stamped the sentiment from SU Peaceful Poinsettia (retired) in Real Red on the panel and then embossed it with the Tasteful Textile EF (love the texture from this EF).  I glued the gray panel to the white card base and then added the poinsettia.  Then I decided to add the berry sprays from the same die set cut in white and I like the finished card.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card JoAnn!! I always love seeing red Poinsettia's, and it pops just perfectly against your textured gray background! Loving the stamped leaves in gray on gray too! Lovely, lovely card!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!! Marcia (DT) :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't beat a bright red poinsettia, JoAnn! I love the way you stamped the leaves in gray and the textured background is delicious! Hugs, Darnell (CCCC GD)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you played with the gray and red color palette, JoAnn! Your poinsettia is gorgeous and I love your beautiful scripty sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous red poinsettia and looks so pretty with the white berries and gray textured background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poinsettia JoAnn! Love the soft stamped gray leaves in the background. Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful subtle embossed background and gorgeous red poinsettia ♥ thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Card is lovely, Congratulations on being a top pick at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.