Monday, April 19, 2021

CAS Christmas Card Challenge - Rainbow

 Hello Friends.  I always like making Christmas cards and try to join in the challenges. When I saw CAS Christmas Card Challenge - Rainbow theme, it took a lot of thinking on my part.  I tried several different ideas and finally settled on this one.


I used my new Window Sphere Die by Altenew (I love this new die), which I used on a previous card and die cut the opening in my white panel.  I stamped the greeting from SU Poinsettia Petals in Rustic Wilderness DOI, and then embossed the panel with SU Subtle EF to give it dimension.   I used watercolor paper and DOI, Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Rustic Wilderness, Salty Ocean and Seedless Preserves to make my rainbow background and mounted it under the die cut panel, and then to the card base.  I die cut 2 each of  the medium & small poinsettias from SU Poinsettia Petals, sprayed them with shimmer spray made with alcohol and SU Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, layered them together and glued it to the die cut panel.  I wasn't sure about the leaves but added two Pear Pizzazz die cut leaves and they looked fine.  I added a gold faced gem to the center of the poinsettia.  I was really pleased with my final card.
 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful. The circle sphere die makes a beautiful backdrop. Adding your watercolored panel behind it is a great way to keep it CAS. Thank you for brightening up the gallery at CAS Christmas this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's that fun die again! I love how the rainbow looks peeking through and the added dimension! The beautiful white poinsettia lets the color shine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoAnn, what a pretty rainbow background for that fun die. And love your lovely white poinsettias.
    Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a creative and clever way to add rainbow to your Christmas card JoAnn! I love your background with the fabulous striped die over top of your colours. Your layered poinsettia is so pretty, especially with the beautiful gold center. Great work! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well what a fantastic card and well worth persevering with as it is stunning and the colours really pop.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that circular die with the little slats. the perfect frame for your poinsettia and rainbow background. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.