Thursday, January 20, 2022

Seize the Birthday - Embossing

 Hello friends.  We have a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Barbara has chosen the "Toppings" option of embossing.  It can be dry embossing or wet embossing, your choice.  Of course, the only requirement is that it has be be for a birthday.  Hope to see you in our gallery.

 

 For my card I chose dry embossing and used SU Basket Weave EF (retired).  For the bouquet I used Pinkfresh Studio Modern Layered Florals.  It is a layered stamped set and I think I got it lined up pretty good using my Stamparatus.  I stamped it in Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Mint Macaron and Just Jade inks, then die cut it with the matching die. I mounted the bouquet with foam tape.  The sentiment is from SU Sweet As a Peach and stamped in Gorgeous Grape.  I flagged the ends and added it with foam tape, just on the ends, over the bouquet.stems.
 
I will link this to Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - All About Occasions  (birthdays are always an occasion to celebrate)

Be sure to check out all the fabulous cards by my teammates over at Seize the Birthday and join in the fun challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

10 comments:

  1. Love your colour scheme and how that embossed background perfectly supports your beautifully coloured flowers. Thanks for joining us at WWC. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful JoAnn! I love the soft colours and how pretty your flowers look against the basket weave embossing. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a smashing card! I love that basket weave background. I agree that you did a great job on the stamping for the flowers. They are the best part of this card. This card is dripping with loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should have gotten my hands on that EF when I had the chance. This card is just gorgeous, JoAnn! Congrats on your WIN at JUGS too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty flower arrangement with the bg embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty purple flowers and a fantastic embossed background to make a pretty birthday card, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The basket weave embossing suits this floral perfectly JoAnn, love the purples, gorgeous design. Thankyou too for playing at Watercooler Wednesday :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bouquet is gorgeous on it's own but with that basketweave background it's phenomenal. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know if its you who makes it work or if it should be declared a 'tried and tested, sure to work' combination - basket weave with flowers!! It looks absolutely stunning, JoAnn! Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! I love green and purple together. You picked the perfect background for this bouquet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.