Thursday, May 21, 2015

Wishing You A Happy Birthday

Happy Thursday stamping friends.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and this week there is no "Toppings", just make it a birthday project.
For my card I decided to use a loopy flower that I found the tutorial for here.
I used some colored jute I found at Michael's and coordinated the papers with it.  The DSP is from a 12/12 pad by My Mind's Eye.  I used SU Rose Red (a perfect match) and Whisper White.  I also used the SU Scallop Ribbon Border punch.  The sentiment is from MFT's Spring Tulips and is cut with a die from MFT's Blueprints 20.  I fussy got the Rose Red mat.  The leaves are cut with MFT Royal Leaves die.  I sponged Old Olive ink around the edges and shaped the leaves a little for dimension.  The white panel is embossed with SU Decorative Dots EF.

Make sure you check out all the fabulous creations by my teammates over at Seize the Birthday.  Can't wait to see what you are inspired to create.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

7 comments:

  1. LOVE that beautiful loopy flower! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this loopy flower! What a great way to use some of that colored twine that is growing in my box! Thanks for the link! Love that scalloped border punch on both sides of the pretty paper! Great touch! Hope you have a great weekend and holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That flower is perfection my friend! So cool and what a great and unique added touch! Hope your starting to feel better! I think I am turning a corner this morning! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful birthday card, JoAnn! Love the loopy flower and embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it JoAnn and what a clever idea.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful flower, and I love the structure in the background.
    Hugs
    Ela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that flower! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.