Thursday, May 7, 2015

Seize the Birthday - Use the Negative

Happy Thursday my friends.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and this time we have the option of "Use the Negative".  Remember it is an "option" and you prefer, you can just make a regular birthday project.
For my card I used the negative cuts from the Spellbinders Label 17 dies with DSP from American Crafts Hip, Hip Hooray 6x6 pad.  The card base is MFT Smooth White and I stamped the greeting from SU Big Day (Sale-a-Bration) set in the opening.  I colored it with SU markers.  The cake image is from the same set.  I colored it with SU markers, fussy cut it out, and glued on the DSP.  I stamped the balloon from SU Crazy for Cupcakes (retired) on the opposite side and stamped the balloon again on a scrap of DSP, fussy cut it and glued it over the stamped image.  I glued the two DSP together and adhered them with foam tape to the card base.

You need to check out all the fabulous cards by my teammates over at Seize the Birthday and I hope you will join us in the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn


6 comments:

  1. Love this paper that looks like sprinkles! Such a fun and pretty birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Birthday card JoAnn! Happy Mother's Day to you! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, can I come to the party, JoAnn?! This looks like a fun and festive place to be!! I hope you are doing well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. What little girl (or big girl!) wouldn't love this pretty pink birthday card! Just gorgeous JoAnn :) I hope that you had a lovely mother's day yesterday xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty JoAnn. Lovely use of the negative and super fun patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.