Saturday, January 25, 2014

Thinking of You for the Dynamic Duos

It's Saturday and time for another Dynamic Duos challenge.  This week is "Black Tie" week and the colors are Basic Black and Melon Mambo and the dessert option is "Umbrellas".
I skipped the option this week and just went with the colors.  I used some retired DSP in Melon Mambo and B/W DSP (not sure which pack it is from).  The Melon Mambo flower is made with the 5 Petal Punch and the Boho Blossoms Punch.  I shaped the petals with my fingers, added a pearl to the center and mounted it with a dimensional.  I used a Sizzix die for the black lacey scalloped oval and Little Leaves Sizzlet die for the leaves.  I used the Scallop Trim Border punch on the mat for the B/W DSP.  The little tag is made with a McGill punch and the sentiment is from Verve's Joyful Blooms. I sponged a little Melon Mambo ink around the tag and used some black fibers to tie it around the flower. The Whisper White panel is embossed with the Lacey Brocade EF.
 
Now hop over to the Dynamic Duos blog and check out what my fellow Design Team members have created to inspire you.  I hope you can join us this week.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn
 
 

8 comments:

  1. PRETTY patterned paper and LOVE the embossed BG! FAB card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the lacy details on your card this week, JoAnn. So soft & pretty despite this being a very stark colour combo this week. You do a wonderful job creating dimensional flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoAnn, such a beautiful card! Lovely flower on a lovely lace frame. Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Black Tie card!! The black and white retired Night and Day paper is the perfect background for your beautiful Melon Mambo flower - gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite color combos. I'm definitely going to play along this week with DD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So elegant as all of your cards are, JoAnn. Love how each color is showcased so wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nicely done, great job with this week's colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.