Thursday, January 30, 2014

Happy Birthday for Seize the Birthday challenge

It's Thursday and time for a new Seize the Birthday challenge.  This week we have a "toppings" option to use "Chevrons" on your birthday project.  Remember it is just an option and you don't have to use chevrons, you can just make it a regular birthday project.
I used the sketch from Viva la Verve Jan. 2014 Week 4 for my card.
My card base and white mats are MFT Smooth White. The DSP is from an American Crafts 6x6 pad. The SU Strawberry Slush panel is embossed with the Cuttlebug Charles EF and I swiped white ink across the raised portion to highlight it.  The balloons (Strawberry Slush & Coastal Cabana) and sentiment are from Verve's Chevron Love stamped in Mememto Tuxedo Black ink. I diecut the sentiment with Verve's Mini Classy Label die and fussy cut the mat.  I fussy cut the balloons and added white baker's twine, then used a white gel pen to add the highlight marks.  I used foam dimensionals to mount the center panel, sentiment panel and the Strawberry Slush balloon.
 
Now hop on over to the Seize the Birthday blog and check out all the great samples by my fellow Design Team members.  I hope we can inspire you to join in the challenge.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. JoAnn this card is gorgeous! I love everything about it, the colors are glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, I love the red and teal colour combo

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Happy Friday!

    Hugs

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty colors and wonderful papers JoAnn!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, JoAnn!! Love the color combo and the EF are perfect for this weeks challenge!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the colors and the chevrons and the balloons and the different patterns, JoAnn! FAB b-day card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout and awesome colours! Those balloons are the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great minds think alike...we both used the same sketch...LOL ! Great card and awesome balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card JoAnn! Those balloons look like they're being blown by the wind, placed at that angle. Very pretty colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soooo fun JoAnn! Love the colours and what you did with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.