Saturday, January 25, 2014

May Your Spirits Be Bright

This is my second post today. Scroll down for my Dynamic Duos post.  This card is for Merry Monday #92 - Use red, vanilla, kraft and chocolate with ribbon, and Viva la Verve Week 3 sketch challenges.  Here's my card:
The card base is Crumb Cake, a mat of Chocolate Chip and the Very Vanilla panel is embossed with SU Snowburst EF.  The chocolate doily is from SP Vintage Lace Motifs.  The DSP is from SU Be Of Good Cheer (retired) with Cherry Cobbler mats. The sentiment from Verve's Bright Spirits is stamped in Choc. Chip ink on Very Vanilla CS.  The doves from the same set are also stamped in Choc. Chip ink on Very Vanilla.  I sponged some Crumb Cake ink over them, and used my Sakura Clear Glitter pen for some dimension.  I added some faux stitching with my Choc. Chip marker, matted it with Cherry Cobbler and mounted it with foam dimensionals.  I used SU Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon. 
You can see the glitter on the doves a little better in this photo.  It is really pretty IRL.

 
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn
 

15 comments:

  1. What pretty card, JoAnn! Those birds are lovely :) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, JoAnn! I love all of the texture, the great color and those glittery birds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout JoAnn, love the embossed background too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, JoAnn, this is so pretty and the colours work perfectly! Great job with the sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the color combo, the embossed BG and the glittery doves! Stunning, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layouts the card is beautiful.,.Linda little

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, JoAnn, what a pretty card! I love that chocolate doily with the little bird and the pretty bow all against the embossed background! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely sketch...a fun way to use up some smaller pieces of DP that we always have hanging around! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so pretty. It makes me want to get out some of my retired SU papers and see what I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card JoAnn, I love this layout. Thank you for playing along with us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous. love that layout. I used the same embossing folder :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful, love that yummy ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so very badly wanted to playa along with MM this week...love those colors and you did a great job as usual JoAnn! Love the sparkly doves!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Christmas card and love your color combo. Terrific use of the sketch

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.