Thursday, April 13, 2017

Seize the Birthday - use two pattern papers

Hello friends.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and this week we have the "Toppings" option of using two pattern papers.  Remember the only requirement is that it be for a birthday.  Also, be sure to check out the rules as you can only link to 5 challenges, including ours.
For my card I used a scrap of older Chatterbox pattern paper and the sketch from Sunday Stamps.

 The lt. blue pattern is the reverse side of the diamond pattern.  I matted them with black CS which I think makes them pop.  The sentiment is an older stamp I got at JoAnn's.  The butterfly is from my new My Favorite Things Beautiful Butterflies and the matching Beautiful Butterflies die.  The lt. blue is cut with MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags stax and the mat with MFT Fishtail Flags Layers.  The circles are cut with MFT Pierced Circles and MFT Circle Stax 2.  The sentiment panel is mounted with foam tape and the butterfly image is just glued down in the center.  I added some bling by Recollections.

Now check out all the fabulous cards by the designers over at Seize the Birthday.  I hope you will be inspired to play along.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

12 comments:

  1. Very elegant card, JoAnn. Love the soft, muted tones in the card.
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love double sided paper so I don't have to think too hard about matching. This paper is so pretty and so is your butterfly! Have a great weekend and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love this, JoAnn! Love the patterns and the colors and I think you nailed that awesome sketch!! Happy Easter!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card I love the color combo too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello JoAnn : )

    Your card is so soft and sweet. I really love these colors together!

    Happy Easter

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. wooww
    adorable butterfly Image and the dots behind it is perfecto
    lovely DP normally I will used it for manly card but you made it feminin
    many thank for joining us this time with My Sketch at Sunday Stamps so happy you join :)
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. The papers are pretty, love that soft harlequin pattern. The fishtail banner and the lovely butterfly look right at home on this beautiful card. TFS & Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty papers JoAnn! Hope you are spending your easter with your family! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so pretty! Love the black mat you added and the rhinestone trail of the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty JoAnn! Love the colours and the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Green mix of patterns JoAnn, and blues are greens are always so perfect together. Love all the great die cuts, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the papers you used, they are fabulous! Great job with the sketch on this fun card!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.