Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Thinking of You Makes Me Happy

This is my card for this week's MFTWSC#123.
The sentiment is from MFT You Make My Day.  For such a sweet sentiment I wanted to add some cheerful papers so I chose all the DSP from Simple Stories Summer 6x6 pad.  The card base is SU Crumb Cake CS and all the mats and sentiment panel are MFT Whip Cream CS.  The flowers are made from the smaller flower in MFT Blueprints 3 Die-namics.  I cut between each petal and shaped them with my fingers.  I also sponged SU So Saffron ink around the edge of each petal. The center of the flowers are also cut with the Blueprints 3 Dies from some cork looking paper from the same pad.  The banner is cut with MFT Fishtail Flag Stax.  I added the faux stitching around the sentiment panel with my Zig pen and a ruler.

I have started making cards for Operation Write Home and this card will be going in that box.  They make cards to send to our military men and women overseas so they will have cards to send home to their loved ones.  You can check it out here.

Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your comments.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.