Sunday, September 29, 2013

Big Birthday Wishes

 
I made this card for my granddaughter using two challenges:  MFTWSC143 and The Color Throwdown #261.  My card also qualifies for the current The Paper Players tic tac toe challenge - the middle row, patterned paper, embossing, any shade of blue.   I used Marina Mist for my card base and mats.  I added a white layer between the card base and Marina Mist DSP.  I used MFT Circle Stax Sets 1 and 2 and MFT ala Modes Big Birthday Wishes for the image and sentiment.  I stamped the image in Mememto Tuxedo Black ink on X-Press It Blending Card and colored her with Copics.  I also stamped the pants on Pacific Point CS and her top on Pacific Point DSP and paper-pieced them. I sponged the edges to add a little dimension.  I cut her out and mounted her with foam dimensionals.  The balloons are So Saffron and Lucky Limeade CS and I also sponged the edges with coordinating ink.  The circle element is embossed with QuikKutz Polka Dots EF.  I stamped the sentiment in Pacific Point ink and added So Saffron and Lucky Limeade (?) brads.
 
Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn
 MFTWSC143
 

6 comments:

  1. Love this JoAnn!!! Great job fussy cutting that adorable image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Fun take on the sketch, colors & challenge! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of all those challenges!! Love the paper piecing and wonderful fussy cutting that small image!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoAnn, I love the way you combined all three challenges into this fabulous card. Love the embossed layer, the fussy cut image and the mix of dots and stripes. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.