Thursday, August 27, 2015

Seize the Birthday

Hello Friends, it is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and this time we have the "Toppings" option of using weather elements on your card (sun, rain, clouds, etc.).  Of course, if you don't like the "Toppings" option, you can just make a birthday project.


For my card I used this adorable MFT PI Guess Who Loves You image.  I thought she looked like she was out in the bright sunshine with her shades on.  I stamped her in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored her with Copics.  Her pants & top are paper pieced.  I added SU Crystal Effects to her glasses, but it doesn't show up in the photo.  The DSP is from Echo Park Summer Bliss 6x6 pad, except the blue which is from a Colorbok pad from WalMart.  The clouds are sponged on with a Taylored Expression Cloud Border die and SU Bashful Blue ink.  The grass is cut with MFT Grassy Edges die in SU Pistachio Pudding.  I stamped the sentiment from SU Teeny Tiny Wishes (retired).  I added the MFT layered sun die (it must be discontinued as I couldn't find it on their web site).  I die cut it from SU So Saffron CS, inked the edges of the center and adhered it with foam tape.

Forgot to link up my card at Verve's Inspiration Challenge - Celebration.  This card was for my great-granddaughter's 12th birthday.  She is blonde and this cute image with her shades reminds me of her.

Now check out all the fabulous cards by the designers over at Seize the Birthday.  I hope you will play along with us.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn


7 comments:

  1. This is adorable, JoAnn! Love the sunshiny day and her paper pieced shirt and glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE the BG paper with that DARLING image! The sun is absolutely radiant, JoAnn! FAB card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, isn't this just darling! I love her paper pieced outfit and the big sun shining down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite cards of yours JoAnn! Love the background and all the thought that went into the perfect paper choices that match so well! I am sure she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just darling! Love how you did the grass and those fabulous clouds.. such a perfect summery scene. Thanks for playing along with our Diva Inspirations challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is just too cute JoAnn! I love how you have paper pieced the clothes and great choices of patterned paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable! Great colours, colouring and paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.