Saturday, June 15, 2013

Monsters of the Deep - MFTSCRAP8

This is my layout for My Favorite Things Scrap 8 sketch.  You can check out the sketch and details on MFT's blog here.
This is the sketch
MFTSCRAP8
 
I took these photos of my granddaughters in the pool with their masks, flippers and snorkels on and thought about doing this layout with the title "Monsters of the Deep".  They are my sweet girls, not really monsters. :)
My layout base is SU Certainly Celery DSP.  The blue wavy paper is from DCWV Neon Chic Stack. I thought it looked a lot like water.   The pink DSP is some older paper from my stash.  The sun diecut and vellum bubble stickers are also from my stash.  I used 4 different MFT stamp sets:  Document It - Graph Paper Notes (Evidence); Document It - Right This Way (arrows and Check This Out); Journal It - Calendar Basics (Month & Year in black frame); Die-namics Jersey & Stamp Set (Of The Deep).  I also used several dies from the Blueprints 2 Die-namics. I cut 3 of the black frames and used the third one to add extra length to them.  I then backed them with the DSP and cut some of the cross pieces out and wrote their names in the sections.  The monsters part of the title was cut with my Cricut and I used MS Cherish border punch for the white border strip.
 
Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your comments.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn
 

2 comments:

  1. What a fun layout and I love the title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But monsters sounds so much better! CUTE layout for the sketch challenge, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.