Thursday, November 20, 2014

Merry Christmas for 3 challenges

My card base is SU Whisper White and the mat and cross piece are Riding Hood Red.  The turquoise DSP is from an old SU paper pack.  I used Spellbinder's Poinsettia dies (sold at Classy Cards 'N Such) and cut it from Riding Hood Red, inked the edges with Cherry Cobbler ink and shaped the petals.  The center is cut from gold cs and I mounted the flower with foam tape.  The gold ribbon is by Offray.  The sentiment is from SU More Merry Messages.

Here is a photo of the inside which shows a sentiment from Our Daily Breads Christmas Blessings set.  I added a little strip of DSP and red cs to match the front.

ETA:  My card was a runner up at Freshly Made Sketches.
I used Freshly Made Sketches #163 for my layout (I turned the sketch).

Just Us Girls #267 - color challenge (red, turquoise and gold or yellow)

ETA:  I was a winner at Classy Cards 'N Such.
and Classy Cards 'N Such #59 - Christmas Blooms challenge. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

9 comments:

  1. This is lovely JoAnn. That background dp looks great behind the gorgeous poinsettia. It is one of my favourite dies. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, JoAnn! I love your pretty poinsettia and you did a great job with the challenge colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poinsettia is beautiful! The inked edges really give it some extra color and depth. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card JoAnn...the Poinsettia is stunning! Thank you for joining us at "Classy Cards 'n Such" for our "Christmas Blooms" challenge!
    Diane CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS...and I am in love with this card! Hugs to you and thanks for playing along with us again at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this is so pretty JoAnn! Love the design and that beautiful poinsettia! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous poinsettia and I love the turquoise with it! I never would have thought to pair them up but they are perfect! Love that inside sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My eye has been drawn to your card every time I've been to the gallery - it's so striking JoAnn! The poinsettia is such a standout - I'm so glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful poinsettia card, JoAnn! Thank you for joining us for the Classy Cards n' Such Christmas Blooms challenge.
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.