Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Get Well Soon

This is a card I made for a special friend who has been very sick and had 2 surgeries. I hope it cheers her up.
All supplies are Stampin Up except the Polka Dots EF and the MS fern punch. 
CS:  Pool Party, Crumb Cake (Kraft), Early Espresso and Very Vanilla.  Spice Cake paper. I used the Sizzlets Lots of Tags die for my 2 tags.  Ink: Early Espresso.  Stamps used are Sincere Salutations, Vintage Vogue and Tiny Tags. The leaves are from the Bird Builder punch.  The flower is made from the Spice Cake paper with the Scallop Circle (3 layers) & Boho Blossom punches and finished it with an Antique Brad in the center.  I cut between each scallop to fluff up the petals.  I also sponged Pool Party ink around the sentiment circle and lightly stamped the flourish from Vintage Vogue around the edges with Pool Party ink.  I used the Chantilly Lace and Early Espresso 1/8" taffeta ribbon .  Thanks for stopping by my blog.  All comments are appreciated.
I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Jeanie's "That's Krafty Thursday
Viva La Verve Sept. Wk 2 sketch
Use Fall Colrs: Stamping Up Only Challenge 28
Also, 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #55 Embossing

11 comments:

  1. VERY PRETTY CARD!!! I love that embossing folder you used...thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card! I love the fall colors you chose! So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Get Well soon card! The embossing just adds to the pop of your beautiful card. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cough-cough!! I'm feeling a little under the weather..... (Tee-hee!)

    WOW!! This is SO pretty JoAnn!! I love these colors and that little touch of lace is perfect!! Just beautiful!! Thanks for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! {{{hen hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous sketch and fantastic fall colors! DELIGHTFUL!!! Thanks for joining us on SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this sketch, and it looks great with the paper! Thanks for playing with us at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty!! Love these papers-they are by far my favorite dsp, so far;))

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the prettiest cards I've seen using this DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card! Love the layout and colors for this fall themed SU! Only Challenge. Wonderful Get Well Card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Love the layers and the little bit of sponging on the circle. Thanks for playing along at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a beautiful card. I love those warm colors. Just perfect. Thank you for sharing it with us at Catered Crop this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.