Sunday, May 25, 2014

Merry Monday #109 - Use flowers



Good morning everyone.  I finally had time to make a card for Merry Monday #109 Bonnie's challenge - to use flower(s) on your Christmas project.  I love using flowers on my projects so this was perfect for me.  I knew I wanted to use the Spellbinder's Poinsettia die, it makes such a pretty flower. 

 I used SU Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke CS and added some gold pearls to the center.  The base and sentiment panel are SU Naturals White and the DSP is from Christmas Cocoa (retired), and matted it with Choc. Chip CS. The sentiment is from SU More Merry Messages stamped in Choc. Chip ink.  I added paper-piercing to the edges.  The poinsettia is mounted with foam dimensionals.
The layout is based on the Freshly Made Sketches #137

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card JoAnn, these papers are a perfect background for your pretty poinsettia. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoAnn, you have convinced me I need this Poinsettia die. It does make a gorgeous bloom. LOVE your DSP and your take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love those colors (you've used one of my all-time favorite patterned papers!) Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday and Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This poinsettia die is my all time favorite, JoAnn! And what a perfect layout! Love the paper piercing! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delightful background for the gorgeous poinsettia Joanne. Thank you so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a gorgeous poinsettia! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely card with Merry Monday and Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PRETTY Christmas card, JoAnn! LOVE the FAB poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this card, JoAnn! I had that poinsettia die in my hand last year & have been kicking myself for not buying it as it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card JoAnn! I like everyone think I need that die too ! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the stripes behind your gorgeous poinessettia ! SB sure dose make a pretty flower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So good to see your creativity at work again, JoAnn. SImply beautiful job with that poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the clean lines on this card and wonderful striped paper. I also adore that poinsettia die - can't wait to dig mine out again. Must play along with this challenge so I can bring it out before November LOL. Wonderful to have you back in blog land ((hugs))!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.