Saturday, February 1, 2014

Happy Birthday for the Dynamic Duos

Happy Saturday crafty friends.  Today we have a new color challenge at the Dynamic Duos.  It is "Bold & Cheery" week and the colors are Real Red and Island Indigo.
For my card I used 4 different SU stamp sets:  Gorgeous Grunge (background with Island Indigo ink on Whisper White CS); Morning Meadow (flowers in Real Red ink); Everything Eleanor (Island Indigo Apothecary accent, fussy cut) and Bring on the Cake (sentiment in Island Indigo).  I cut the sentiment out with the Apothecary Accents Framelits, added some pen-stiching with my Island Indigo marker and mounted it with foam dimensionals to the accent piece, and this was mounted with dimensionals also.  I used the matching Pansy punch to punch out my flowers, shaped the petals, added a pearl to the centers and mounted them with foam dimensionals.  I swiped my Island Indigo ink pad across some Whisper White CS several times to make the paper for my leaves, and punched them with the Bird Builder punch.  I used a Basic Black mat and the card base is Real Red. 
 
I hope you can play along with this week's challenge.  Now hop on over to the Dynamic Duos blog and check out what my fellow Design Team members have created to inspire you.
 
Our challenge ends on Thursdays at noon (PST). 
 
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Love the splatter background and the placement of the elements is perfect! Nicely done, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your fussy cut flowers and the splatters in the BG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the splatter background with the vintage sentiment and the posies, JoAnn. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.