Thursday, June 22, 2017

Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes

Hello friends.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and this time it is "Anything Goes" as long as it is for a birthday.

This card will be going to my great-grandson who has a birthday soon.
I used this cute MFT Space Explorer set and the matching dies and colored them with Promarkers and Copics.  I made the background with Ranger Distress Watercolor Card and SU Night of Navy ink.  I wet the paper and added water to the ink on a clear block and then painted the background.  I let it dry and went over it a second time. for variation.  I then added some thinned white paint splatters and a few dots with my white gel pen.  The mat is MFT Electric Red CS.  I did parts of the sentiment on the computer - "Hope Your" and "Is Out of This", and then stamped Birthday from MFT Adorable Elephants and World from the Space Explorer set.  I lightly inked around the edges with Electric Red to make them stand out a little better.  Birthday, World, the rocket and the cute Space Explorer are all mounted with foam tape.  I used a piece of white hemp cord to connect the rocket to the Space Explorer.

Now check out all the fabulous cards by the designers over at Seize the Birthday.  I hope you will be inspired to play along with us.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn




9 comments:

  1. Love your card, JoAnn...perfect for a little boy!! thank you for your lovely comment on my card! Hope you have a great weekend!! Heart Hugs, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the spaceman - he will too I'm sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, what a cute design JoAnn. I bet he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such fun, JoAnn! Love the "stars"! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable! Your Great Grandson will love this! The sky looks gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super duper cute! Your great grandson is going to love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your grandson will adore this card JoAnn. That background is perfection too! I will be in touch soon! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute JoAnn! Love the 'space' theme and the background is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.