Tuesday, August 21, 2018

CAS Mix Up - Monoprint

Good morning friends.  I had to try this monoprint technique for the CAS Mix UP challenge.  They have several links to explain this technique so I watched all of them and then gave it a try.  (I am getting lots of practice with the CAS style) ☺

ETA:  wow, my card was chosen as one of the Outstanding Designs on CAS Mix Up challenge.



I used an adhesive stencil from the Dollar Tree and 4 Distress Oxide Inks - Twisted Citron, Picked Raspberry, Broken China, and Fossilized Amber.  Like the tutorial said I smooshed them all over the stencil, sprayed it liberally with water and then lifted it, turned it over and pressed it against another piece of card.  I like the final result but it was kind of hard with the sticky back stencil,   I like the flower design, but will have to try it with another stencil.  Then I die cut this lovely  Poppy Stamps Floral Stem Collage from a panel the same size as my card base and adhered it over the monoprint piece.  I adhere the whole panel to the front of my card base and added a tiny pink enamel dot to the flower center.  I stamped the sentiment from Penny Black Birthday Wheels underneath the opening.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

7 comments:

  1. Your stencil monoprint turned out beautifully, JoAnn! Love those colors together and it makes a beautiful garden for this die cut flower! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up! I think you've got the hang of CAS, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your monoprint is to pretty JoAnn!! LOVE the bright mix of summery colours. Perfect with the framed die-cut flower. You have mastered the CAS style JoAnn! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous floral stencil monoprint background for your white die cut flower. Your pastel Distress Oxide inks look so pretty. TFS JoAnn and so pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The technique has turned out beautifully. The colours are gorgeous and the stencil looks so pretty. The White die cut flower is perfect against it. Unique and fabulous card and thank you for joining in the fun challenge at The CAS Mix up Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is GORGEOUS and I LOVE the enamel dot in the flower center!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely mix of soft colors on your stencil monoprint JoAnn! The frame/floral die cut over it look beautiful! thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.