Thursday, July 20, 2017

Seize the Birthday - Splatters

Hello and happy Thursday friends.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and this week we have the "Toppings" option of using splatters on your birthday project.
For my card I used a piece of watercolor paper sponged with SU Night of Navy and Rich Razzleberry.  They are both lighter when watercoloring with them.  I splatter thinned white paint with a toothbrush for the spots.  This is actually a left over piece from a project I was doing for our Vacation Bible School at church, which is Galatic Starveyors.  So I had followed some tutorials and made it look like the glaxay.    The top white piece is done with MFT Stitched Scallop Basic Edges die and the bottom is done with MFT Stitched Strip die.  The flower is made using MFT Stitched Flowers and SU Marina Mist and white CS.  The leaves are MFT Simple Leaf Flourish cut from the same Recollections CS as the mat.  I snipped it and rearranged it a little.  I used a glitter enamel dot in the center of the flower.

I used MFT Sketch Challenge 342 for my layout so I am linking my card there.
Sketch Challenge 342 #mftstamps

I hope you will check out all the fabulous creations by the designers over at Seize the Birthday and join us for this fun challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping, 
JoAnn

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! I love your color choice, splattered background and card layout. Thanks for inspiring me today!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun use of the white paint splatter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another pretty card JoAnn. Love the colors and technique you used. Have a blessed weekend. Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, JoAnn! I love that "galaxy" background and all the dies are fantastic together! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite cards of yours JoAnn! Love that it's a leftover piece from VBS! Those kids are so lucky to have you! Hope it was a great week! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color combination you used for your galaxy!!! Fabulous design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is a perfect take on the sketch, JoAnn! The little floral brooch works very well with your splattered galaxy background and I like the lines on the bottom panel - shooting star trails perhaps?!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I love the white splatters, JoAnn! Thinned paint? I'll have to give that a try. Darnell is right, it looks like a galaxy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great idea using white paint splatters : ) Beautiful!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such a gorgeous galaxy-like background, JoAnn ... the sweet blooms and all the embossed detailing are fabulous with it! Thanks so much for coming by, and for your kind words! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty birthday card! Love the lighter galaxy look, and the white splatters are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous JoAnn! I love the colour combination and the splattered panel is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.