Thursday, October 6, 2016

Seize the Birthday

Happy Thursday friends.  We have another new challenge for you at Seize the Birthday and this week it is anything goes, for a birthday, of course.

 
For my card I used this week's Mojo Monday Sketch 468
and my new Verve stamps Kindness Matters and the matching dies Great Kindness.  I stamped the flowers in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on white CS and sponged SU Baha Beeze ink on the petals.  I layered the flower and added a large golden rhinestone to the center.  The leaves are also cut with the same die set using Pear Pizzazz CS.  The DSP I used was on my desk and is from an older paper pad and I don't have the name.  It has sparkle to it.  I cut the small tags with an older McGill punch.  I punched a hole in the tops and added Black/White Baker's Twine.  The sentiment is Verve's Happy Birthday Plain Jane stamp (sorry, it may be discontinued as I couldn't find it on the site).  The sentiment panel is cut with Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Mats-Rounded Rectangles dies, but I only cut part of the way and then put it back in the die and cut the other end to make it a square.  The tags and flower are mounted with foam tape.

Now check out all the fabulous cards by the designers over at Seize the Birthday.
I hope you will join us.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

13 comments:

  1. Wow, what a pretty card! I love the colors you chose! The flower is so pretty! Awesome design!
    I am so excited to be the Surprise Guest Designer at STB with you amazing ladies!
    have a wonderful day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour combination JoAnn! The tags are a perfect accent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoAnn, I love how you did this sketch. Very creative to tuck in the tag and add the flower. Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! Love the colors and the big Verve flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty with the soft blue and beautiful flower! Great use of this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful use of the sketch and I'm loving that Verve posy! Thanks so much for joining us at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, I love the pretty soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You Joann for the sweet comment. I really like your your pastels an flower. I think I need to get my hands on that one. Till next time, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pretty blue floral card. I actually have that sketch printed out and sitting on my desk, but haven't had an idea for it yet. You did a great job with the sketch! TFS! ~~Heidi @ My Little Stamping Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that sketch and your card! The tiny tags in the corner and the sideways sentiment are nice touches! Terrific card my friend and I hope you didn't lose power today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty colors and beautiful bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. JoAnn, you always do such amazing things with flowers and this sketch is so fun with those verve flowers! Hope you are having a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a pretty card and lovely take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.