Sunday, August 2, 2015

Christmas Card Challenges #35

Good morning friends.  It is time for a new challenge at Christmas Card Challenges.  This week we have a color challenge for you.


I used Coredinations Heavy White CS, SU Basic Black, Pink Piroutte CS and Pistachio Pudding DSP.  I stamped the image from Verve's Light My World in Memento Tuxedo Black.  I did some coloring with Promarkers.  I drew a line and added a little grey shadow under the candle image.  I cut it out with Spellbinders Classic Ovals.  The background looked plain so I fussy cut the image out and added it to an oval embossed with the Tim Holtz brick EF.  Before I glued it down, I stamped the flowers again, colored them green, fussy cut them out and added some leaves to the poinsettias.  I like the way it turned out.  The pink mat is cut with Spellbinders Floral Ovals die.  The sentiment is from the same set.  Both panels are mounted with foam tape. 

You should check out all the fabulous cards by my teammates over at Christmas Card Challenges and I hope you will play along with us this week.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the added shading and the pretty pastel colors, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the texture and dimension, especially the brick behind those pretty candles! Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful JoAnn, really like the different colors & that glow of the candle. Guess I need to get my supplies out & start playing once again.
    hugs, Janie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, and I love the glow around the candle flames.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, JoAnn! Love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, JoAnn--love your choice of colors & how you colored the candles--wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.