Thursday, October 23, 2014

Washi Tape for Seize the Birthday

Hello stamping friends.  It's Thursday and time for another Seize the Birthday challenge.  This week our option is to use Washi tape on your card.  
Here's my card:
My card base, flower and mats are SU Real Red.  The white is MFT Sweet Tooth.  I made my own background paper by adding rows of Recollections Paper Tape on an angle.  I like how it turned out.  I used Spellbinders Floral Ovals and Classic Ovals for the sentiment panel.  The sentiment is SU Fancy Birthday stamped in Real Red ink.  It is mounted with foam tape.  The flower is made with MFT Layered Rose and Royal Leaves dies.  The leaves are cut from SU Certainly Celery.  I added a button tied with twine to the center of the flower. The white panel is embossed with a retired SU EF.

I hope you will check out all the fabulous cards by my teammates over at Seize the Birthday and play along with us.  Remember you don't have to use Washi Tape, but it does have to be a birthday project.

5 comments:

  1. Oh JoAnn I love this bright card...awesome collection of red washi tape!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, JoAnn--one of my all-time favorites! You inspire me to actually use some Washi on a card--almost never do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all this red and white goodness! Isn't Washi tape great for doing diagonals?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I just love the perfect placement of your washi tape! That had to take some patience! Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the washi tape panel you created JoAnn. Great birthday card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.