Monday, October 13, 2014

Birthday Wishes for JUGS #262 - Ombre Technique

Here is my card for this week's JUGS challenge to use the Ombre Technique.  I used shades of pink on the Heidi Swap stencil for the background.  I sponged Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose, and Strawberry Slush going down the stencil.  I really like how it turned out.  Then I stamped the SU Flower Shop image in Strawberry Slush ink, sponged Pretty In Pink ink over it, and punched it with the matching punch.  I added pearls to the center.  The leaves are from SU Stippled Blossoms stamped in Wild Wasabi ink.  The sentiment from SU Bring On The Cake is also stamped in Wild Wasabi.  I did some paper-piercing around the edges of the sentiment panel and mounted it with foam tape.  The mats are Pretty In Pink and the card base is MFT Smooth White.

I am also linking my card to Verve's October Pink Power Diva Dare.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful week.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

8 comments:

  1. Wow I love the ombre effect you got on your card. Beautiful colours and love the chevron background. I am a huge fan on paper piercing. Love your rose - great stamps - both I would love to have. Such a fabulous cas card that looks amazing. Thanks for joining us this week at Just us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Joann:
    First I want to say what a beautiful blog you have. and I would like to thank your for your kind comment on my blog I am adding you to my list of blogs that I follow I would love to have you come and follow mine. I will be back to visit again
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, JoAnn! Love how you've sponged the soft color on the flower! I hope to remember that when I use this set! Love the ombre background. Such pretty shades of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi friend, Glad you had sometime to join us this week at JUGS. Love your background too and the paper piercing panel! Hope all is well and we need to get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, JoAnn! LOVE that technique, your colors and that Pretty flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a simply sweet card. You've added all the right touches of elegance. Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the ombre chevrons, JoAnne!! Lovely pink card :) Thanks for joining us for this month`s Diva Dare.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.