Friday, November 8, 2013

Merry Monday #82

The challenge this week for Merry Monday #82 is to use red/aqua/white and circles.  Here is the inspiration photo:

And here is my card based on the Splitcoast Stampers SC461 sketch challenge.  I omitted panel 4 and used a circle instead of a square for panel 5.


I used SU Pool Party and Real Red CS.  The white panel is Image Plus CS and is embossed with the Cuttlebug Snowflake EF.  The aqua snowflake paper is from MME Lost & Found Christmas pad, and is matted with Pool Party CS.  I stamped the cute Stampendous M301 Snow Girl on X-Press It Blending Card, colored her with Promarkers and SU Pool Party & Bermuda Bay markers and cut her out.  I also stamped her on the DSP from Teresa Collins Santa's List pad, and cut her out with MFT Pierced Circle Stax dies.  I positioned her so the small red snowflake (in the DSP) would be by her hat, and glued the colored image over the stamped image on the DSP.  That way I didn't have to fussy cut her thin arms.  I added some Ranger Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles to the snow  under the snow girl.  I cut the Real Red mat with MFT Circle Stax 1 set.  The aqua snowflake is from Spellbinders Create-a-Flake 4 and the white one is a MS punch. I layered them and added a silver brad to the center.
 
I am also linking this to the Festive Friday color challenge as it is the same colors.
 
And to Christmas Cards All Year 'Round which is Winter Wonderland - Winter theme, snow, snowflakes, etc.
 
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.  I appreciate your comments.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn
 

14 comments:

  1. I'm smitten with your adorable snowgirl! She is absolutely darling, and your colouring, along with the papers you've paired her with...swooon!! I want to give her a hug!! LOVE this card! (and now I want the stamp, too!!). Thank you so much for your warm comment on my Newton cards; you've brightened this snowy, wintry day!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, JoAnn! She is gorgeous with her polka dot hat and the snowflake placed perfectly! I thought this sketch looked intimidating but you make it look fabulous! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snowgirl is a sweetheart......love those eyelashes! Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable, JoAnn! Love your sketch and beautifully colored snow girl! So sweet! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute snowman like the lashes linda little

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of the snowflakes and your embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like your cute snowgirl and the layout is fab! Very sweet card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card Jo Ann, this little guy is so cute. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card, JoAnn! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweetie, love you adorable snowgirl JoAnn. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable! I LOVE all the snowflakes! Thank you so much for playing with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The look on this little snowman's face just brought a big smile to mine! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A cutie pie! Love this sweet snow-person. Great angling of the papers too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.