Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July and a Card for SC443

Happy 237th Birthday America!   
And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.
Happy 4th of July to you all!
Happy 237th Birthday America!
And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
God bless the U.S.A

I borrowed the above photo and sentiment from Joan's Gardens blog HERE. I love that song and it expresses my sentiments exactly.


Here is my card for the current sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. I flipped the sketch sideways so I could use this cute (new to me) stamp image from Inkyantics Heart Benton. I got it at StampFest in Orlando this past weekend for the purpose of sending cards to OWH for our service men & women to send home to their families. It will go in a box I am mailing out tomorrow.

I stamped Benton on X-Press It Blending CS and colored him with Copics.  The sentiment is from the same set and is stamped in SU Choc. Chip ink on some ledger DSP from Echo Park's This & That. The other DSP is from MME Collectable-Unforgettable.  I matted all the papers with SU Choc. Chip CS and added them to a card base of Canvas Corp Heavy Weight White CS.  The image panel is mounted with foam tape.

Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your comments.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.