Sunday, May 12, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 85 - Happy Father's Day

 ETA:  Yea, my card won Queen of Clean at Freshly Made Sketches.
I have been busy with family stuff this past week and was taken out to lunch yesterday for an early Mother's Day, but was able to get a few cards done.  I made this Father's Day card following this week's Freshly Made Sketches but turned it sideways.  I like the circle with the flags sticking out.  I used a new stamp set from Our Daily Bread Designs called The Waves on the Sea for the boat image and the sentiment.  I stamped the image in Mememto Tuxedo Black ink, colored it with Copics and cut it out with MFT Circle Stax 1 & 2.  I used a white Signo pen to color the waves around the boat and also a few places in the water.  I used a punched scallop circle and sponged the clouds with SU Bashful Blue ink.  For the sentiment I masked each word and stamped it in Mememto Black ink and cut out each one with MFT Fishtail Flags Stax and Fishtail Flags Stax Layers.  The image and flags are both mounted with foam dimensionals.

The card base and white panels are Canvas Corp. Heavy Cardstock and the DSP is from the MME Moments 6x6 pad.  Card size is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2.

Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your comments.

Happy Stamping,

JoAnn

6 comments:

  1. This is amazing JoAnn! The image is beautiful and the way you flipped the sketch is perfect. Such a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful masculine card JoAnn! The colors are wonderful with your nautical theme and the image is colored perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoAnn this card is just beautiful! Your colouring is perfect and I love the highlights you've added to make the waves have more definition. Fabulous masculine card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your Father's Day card, JoAnn! Tose papers and the twine and that ship go so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to come and say Congrats on your win and the coloring is fantastic! hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, JoAnn, for the well-deserved win from FMS for your stunning card!! Your sentiment treatment is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.